Friday, February 10, 2012

Phishing Email

I got my first phishing email for SWTOR this morning, woot! It was the standard "you're trying to sell your account, give us your password and secret question" scam. I didn't fall for it, oh no no. I'm too smartsy for that. :)
So I displayed the message content, which shows the true sender behind the fake, copied that and forwarded it to support@swtor.com. I received this interesting reply within a half hour.

Greetings Spiral,
I am Protocol Droid K8-I6 of Human Cyborg Relations.
Thank you for forwarding us the suspicious mail that you received for us to investigate further.
After looking into this, we can confirm that the email you received was not legitimate. We would ask that you do not reply to it, or click on any links that it contains as doing this may compromise the security of your account.

(*lots of helpful advice here*)
Galactic Support is our Specialty…
Sincerely,
Protocol Droid K8-I6 (aka Andrei)


I had a nice little giggle at the Protocol Droid thing! I thought it was very appropriate for the whole SWTOR theme, plus it meshed with the fact that most customer service emails sound like they've been written by a robot. Well done, Human Cyborg Relations department. High fives and head butts all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment