Friday, January 20, 2012

Capes are Cool

Is that a cape on your back, or are
you just excited to see me?
A little while ago, Heka got a chest piece that had a cape attached. He was super excited to run around like -- well, like Superman!
And the best part was when we took an elevator and his cape flew up in the air! The in-game physics are a little bit strange.  :)

My outfits have been a bit of a disappointment so far. If any of you have followed Spiral when I played on Runes of Magic (my old blog here), you'll know that I'm a big fan of personalized fashion on my toons. Not so much in real life. In fact, most days I'm in my comfy PJs all day long! (The joys of working from my home office.)
But Spiral's outfits in SWTOR have been kinda boring. I guess it's part of being a lowbie; the gear is bland now so that when you level up, you're really impressed with your new clothes.
Heka mentioned that you can take orange quality gear that you like the look of, and un-mod it and use it like a "skin" for a higher level character by adding new & better mods. Not sure if that actually works or not. It seems odd to me to have "blank" gear. Shouldn't it have at least some native stats? I'm going to look into that more. I really want Spiral's end game gear to have a gorgeous look as well as gorgeous mods.

No comments:

Post a Comment