Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sith Flirting

There's a lot of talk around this game being so story-driven, and it's totally true. To be honest, I find it a bit bothersome to have to watch cut scenes for almost every quest. Sometimes I just want them to get to the point and tell me, "Go collect 10 High Tech Whatsits for me" or "Take this package of blue cheese to Joe in the Cantina." I've actually turned on the subtitles for my conversations so that I can read what they're saying and skip through them faster.

But the other day I discovered the perils of going too fast! I was doing a quest on Balmorra and I thought that it was the one where I got a new companion. So when the cute guy I was supposed to rescue started saying he wanted to fight me, I thought he was flirting! He even pulled the old Matrix taunt on me, putting out his hand and gesturing with his fingers to "Bring it on." I was like, "Oh no, you didn't!" So I attacked.

I honest to Yoda thought he would surrender at some point in the fight. I thought it was some part of the plot and he would fall to his knees and say he would serve me and my Sithiness. The dude was actually tough enough to take out Big Ugly (although to be honest I was being a slacker and not watching his health) but in the end he succumbed to the awesome power of my lightning and fell dead.

I was a bit shocked. I was in TS with Maze, and I told him, "OMG I think I just killed my new companion!" So I quick Googled the quest and breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it wasn't the one I had been thinking of. But I wasn't supposed to kill the dude either. His father had sent me to rescue him. Errrr....

I went back to the Dad and started the convo. He was pissed. Really pissed. He said, "Why? Why did you kill my son?" I tried to be all nonchalant and replied, "It's the Sith way."
And then the father screamed, "I'll kill you!!"
He attacked, and I attacked back, and Big Ugly had a nice snack of his soul.
Sigh.
All of this cuz I thought a guy was putting the moves on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment