Friday, January 20, 2012

Cademimu Flashpoint Fun

The other night we went for our first run through Cademimu...that's fun to say! Ca-dah-mee-moooooooooo! Ca-dah-MEEEEEE-moooooooo!
<ahem> Excuse me.

As I was saying....
Heka, Maze (Aydenn) and I were joined by our new guildie and all-around bad-ass, XorFox. The boys were supremely confident that we'd kick butt, but I was hesitant. I knew Heka could handle it cuz he was an uber level 30, but Maze and Xor were only 25 and I was sitting in the middle at 28.

As it turned out, we blazed in and ended up dead all over the place! So very dead.  :(

We regrouped after several unsuccessful attempts at taking on EVERYONE at once, and decided to play it a little cooler. We started utilizing our demobilizing skills, which we called "putting up". I think that's because my Whirlwind skill actually puts the target up in the air in a pretty purple tornado for a whole 60 seconds. And the Bounty Hunters' skill (not sure what it's called) could take out another target for 60 seconds as well.
So taking two big mobs out of the picture for a minute, gave us all time to beat down the smaller mobs, and then take out the rest when we pleased. It was most excellent crowd control and worked very well.

Fang of Cademimu

Somewhere along the way I acquired this cute little bugger. He was locked up in a cage and I got him out using my Bioanalysis skill. He followed us around for a while and fought bravely, but died in the heat of battle.
A lot of the flashpoints have little things like this, where you can use your Crew Skill to get a helpful NPC or create a shortcut or get a buff. I like it! It's something I've not seen in other MMOs and makes your crafting skill a bit more useful.

Anyway, the rest of the Cademimu run is a bit of a blur to me. We were successful in the end, I know that much, and actually ran it again last night with even greater success.
The bosses were interesting, which is fun. Not just the regular tank-and-spank. The first guy had a robot that woke up and "arrested" Xor. The second boss was a wookie that brought some evil mini-wookies that ran around like crazy dwarf wrestlers. The last boss tried to fry us like space bacon with his rocket ships and we all had to run around to stay out of the way of the flames. Pretty cool instance!

No comments:

Post a Comment