Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Helping a Guildie

Madness & Mayhem in the Tomb of Vodal Kressh
I was up late the other night, puttering around the Fleet, crafting & such, when my guildie, Vinyin, asked for my help with a Flashpoint. He had gone into Athiss and cleared quite a ways in, but couldn't solo the boss. Pretty impressive to get that far alone though!

So I popped on over, brought out Big Ugly, and we had some fun! I have a fancy new AOE called Pretty-Purple-Lightning-Slams-Everyone-From-Above (or something like that), and I got a chance to try it out on the poor low-level mobs in the tombs. It was actually a great place to practice, as it's a new type of spell for me. You can see in the screenshot that there is a red hexagonal target on the ground. I have to click the spell and then place that target to set it off, then channel for the duration of the spell. Agents and Bounty Hunters and such might be used to that kind of targeting, but it's new to me, so it took some getting used to. Totally awesome though, and quite deadly.

Speaking of deadly, there were only a few Zero-HP events along the way. Vinyin died when we were fighting the Big Puppy and the Little Puppy adds came out and chased him into a bunch of unfriendlies. I know I'm healer-spec'ed and all, but there's only so much healing I can do on a shrieking, sprinting sorcerer who is hell-bent on trampling over every hostile mob in the zone!

Then Vinyin's Big Ugly died on the last boss while playing with the fire balls. ("Oooh pretty!! Ow ow ow ow ow ow!" <thud>)

But good times were had by all, and it felt nice to help out a guildie. That's all a part of being a Follower of The Dark Goose.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment