Thursday, January 12, 2012

Progression

Things are moving along quickly in the World of TOR. I'm level 18 already! Heka is level 21 and poor Maze is stuck in the remote wilderness of northern Canada and can't play as much, so he's level 19. (We miss your blasters, Maze! Come home soon!)

At level 10 we got to choose our specializations. I went with Sith Sorcerer, cuz I love to roast people with fire and brimstone...or in this case, purple lightning. I truly feel like Emperor Palpatine! Although, I must say I'm a wee bit prettier.

Heka went Juggernaut, as he's our tank. He still does some serious damage though, as well as take some serious damage, and his charge is fearsome to behold.
Maze is Mercenary, I believe. He's the DPS of our group, blasters and explosions and all that stuff.

That makes me the healer, a role I never intended to take, as I meant to be DPS. But of course we have to obey the Holy Trinity of MMOs with tank/healer/DPS so I'm settling into my role. It's not so bad, really, cuz we all get heals of some kind on our toons, and Maze's companion, Mako, is a healer too. And it's nice cuz when the boys aren't on to game with me, I can self-heal and survive a lot more battles.

Part of our character progression has also been making Dark side and Light side choices. Being Sith, I thought the obvious thing was to choose all options that gave me Dark side points. I'm pretty bad-ass and it's so great to see my little toon backtalking to everyone!
Heka, being the difficult man he is, chose Light. Maze calls him the Sith with the Heart of Gold! It makes for interesting NPC conversations when Maze and I are like: "Kill everyone! Death to All! For the Empire!" and Heka is politely interrupting, saying: "Perhaps we should refrain." Totally funny!

Now our next goal is to reach 25 and get our own speeders. Saving my credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment